Right so you fancy some KFC and what can you have? I’ve seen people recreating KFC by soaking the chicken in milk first so I was curious and wondered if this might be the case with the genuine stuff as it doesn’t tend to agree with me, and hidden lactose might be the culprit. So I took a look at the following and it’s not as simple as you’d think, some chicken does, some doesn’t. So lets have a look at which items contain milk and lactose at KFC.
its quite a long document so I’m going to sum it all up here and do the hard work for you 🙂
Now do KFC chips contain milk? Weirdly they aren’t in the PDF so I had to look on the UK site – and it says they don’t contain milk (Do they not serve fries in other KFC’s around the world?)
Items that are definitely out
- Anything with cheese
- Anything with milk (milkshakes, ice cream – seemingly nearly ALL their desserts too)
- Original Chicken (Original Recipe anything in fact)
- Bacon Ranch and Creamy Ranch Dressing
And weirdly not all “creamy” items are out!
So what CAN you have?
- Extra Crispy Chicken
- Spicy Crispy Chicken
- KFC Grilled chicken
- Hot Wings
- Chicken littles Extra Crispy Tenders
- Green Beans
- Potato Wedges
- Corn on the Cob
- Cole Slaw
- Sweet Kernel Corn
- Chips/Fries (in the UK at least)
- Honey BBQ
- Firey BBQ
- Colonels Mayo
- Colonels Sauce
- Creamy buffaolo dipping sauce
- Orange gigner dipping sauce
- Honey Mustard
- Buttery Spread (really? must be vegetable oil I would assume)
- House Side Salad without Dressing
- Apple Turnovers
What do you usually have?